Which Arlo Cameras and Video Doorbells Work with Google Home?
Discover Arlo products that work with Google Home and how to get them set up.
An excellent way to keep all your at-home devices working together is with Google Home. Our Arlo cameras, which have a variety of uses both indoors and out, as well as our Arlo video doorbells, should be among them, but the question is: does Arlo work with Google Home? This article will take an in depth look at all the cameras and video doorbells Arlo has to offer to answer this question and will help you to easily figure out which of them would work best for your home.
What is Google Home?
Google Home is a neat app that allows you to easily control your home from the palm of your hand. Want to see what happens in and around your house during the day when you’re not there? This handy application will allow you to keep one eye on your home 24/7. If you choose to connect Arlo to Google Home, you’ll be able to have an even greater control over what happens at home, even when you’re not there!
Which Arlo Devices are Google Home Compatible
Yes, you can easily connect Arlo to Google Home, and this includes many of our cameras and video doorbells. Both of the following Arlo video doorbells are compatible with Google Home:
- Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell
- Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell
There are a few Arlo cameras to choose from that work with Google Home, but all are excellent choices.
- Arlo Ultra 2
- Arlo Pro 4
- Arlo Essential Camera
- Arlo Essential Indoor Camera
Whether you’re looking for a wired or wireless product to integrate into your home, Arlo’s got you covered with our premium video doorbells and cameras.
The Benefits of Connecting Arlo to Google Home
When choosing to create your Arlo Google Home using our cameras and video doorbells, you’ll be able to conveniently control your devices from the Google Home app available for both Android and iOS. Google Home allows you to:
- Use the Google Home app to set up a smart display, allowing you to easily stream video from your video doorbell or camera.
- Receive instant alerts when your video doorbell detects motion.
- Automate your Arlo video doorbell and camera.
- Give commands to Google Assistant that will be understood.
Google Home allows you to stream video from your video doorbell or camera from any compatible smart device.
Arlo Google Home Cameras: Everything Else You Need
To set up your Arlo Google Home properly, you’ll first need one or more compatible Arlo devices, the Google Home Hub or Chromecast device, and both the Google Home and Arlo apps.
Using these three devices and apps, your house’s new security features will be up, running, and connected to your phone wherever you may be.
Do I need to use an Arlo Base Station?
While the Arlo Base Station is optional, we highly recommend installing one, as it will help streamline your video and make it easily available for perusal. Additionally, your saved video recordings will not be as secure if you only connect to your local Wi-Fi; anyone with your password could potentially have access to these private recordings.
How to set your video doorbell or Camera with Google Home
Once you’ve set up the Arlo app, Google Home app, and Google Assistant on your phone or tablet, follow the below instructions to set up all your Arlo devices:
- Open the Google Home app and tap the “+” button.
- The first choice will read “Set Up Device”. Click on this.
- Tap on where it says, “Have something already set up”.
- You should now see “Arlo” appear on screen. Select this choice.
- Now, simply log in to your Arlo account using your Arlo email and password.
- After putting your login information on the screen, Google will ask for access to your Arlo account. Hit the “Allow” button.
- Google will now start synchronizing all your Arlo devices.
- The last step is to tap on each synchronized device as it appears on the screen and select the room which you’re attempting to set up that device in.
Now, all your Arlo devices should be part of your new Arlo Google Home and ready to be used whenever you’d like.
Some Helpful Voice Commands
Just a few of the useful voice commands that can be used with our products are:
- Ok Google, turn off the [Device]
- Ok Google, show the front door camera
- Ok Google, turn off the hallway camera
- Ok Google, show [Device]
- Ok Google, dim the lights